Vaidehi completed an Honours Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from the University of Waterloo in 2018 and recently completed her Master of Science in Physical Therapy at Western University in 2020.
Vai has experience working with a diverse range of populations including orthopedics, stroke and SCI rehab, acute care and research. She is currently pursuing her aspiration of working in an outpatient orthopaedic clinic.
Vaidehi’s treatment philosophy revolves around using an active and hands on approach that involves patient education, manual therapy and a home exercise program to get patients back to their functional activities. During her physiotherapy placements, she treated a wide range of populations in a variety of settings including low back pain, arthritis, post-operative surgeries, rotator cuff injuries, and neurological conditions including spinal cord injuries, stroke, MS, and Parkinson’s to name a few. She is a strong believer of continuing education and has taken on many post-graduate courses listed below:
– Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy Level 1
– Pelvic Floor Level 1
– Introductory and advanced vestibular rehabilitation and management
– APTEI Introduction to Acupuncture and Dry Needling
– Introductory 3-Day course: The Bobath Concept
– NDTA: Why is my client struggling to do that? Using NDTTM Framework to Develop a Priority Impairment List
– Exercise Prescription for the Upper Extremity Level 1
Fun Fact: Vaidehi can do the Rubik’s cube in less than 1.5 minutes and has travelled to parts of Europe. In her free time, she likes to work out, try new food places, hike, and travel! She is fluent in English, Hindi and Gujarati.